Tuesday March 24, 2020
The importance of washing hands, social distancing, and staying home when sick has been well-communicated but another aspect of not spreading COVID-19 is keeping a clean (and germ-free) home or office.
While it’s imperative that we are careful while out and about, what’s lingering in our carpets, fabrics, and surfaces at home is just as important.
In this crazy time of information (and misinformation) it is essential to turn to reliable sources of information to get your questions answered. When it comes to cleaning the surfaces of your home or office, here are recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC):
“Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.
For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners.”
You can check all the recommendations for households here.
You can check all the recommendations for workplaces here.
Please understand that deep cleaning is no guarantee when it comes to getting rid of the COVID-19 virus in your space, but is definitely effective in reducing the possible spread of infection.
When it comes to keeping your house as clean and sterilized as possible, here are some action items for you right now.
- Get your carpet professionally cleaned and sanitized (ask about the products we use for sanitation!)
- Professionally clean your upholstery including couches, chairs, drapes and curtains, ottomans, etc.
- Deep clean and sanitize all the surfaces in your kitchens and bathrooms, including your floors. Tile and grout cleaning really gets into those nooks and gets them clean.
- Especially if you have respiratory issues, get those air ducts cleaned, change all your air filters, and open the windows to let in fresh air and sunshine when possible (as long as it doesn’t impact your asthma or allergies, of course).
- Did you know you can get your mattress cleaned? This can be really impactful if someone gets sick in your home. Once they are better, call us to clean that mattress!
- Use disinfectant chemicals as much as possible when cleaning the rooms in your home to reduce the risk of spreading anything.
Whether you want to clean and sanitize your home or deep clean the office while your staff is working remotely, Champion is ready to support you at this time!
*This information was accurate as of March 24th, 2020. Please visit the CDC website for the most updated information and recommendations.
Champion Carpet, Carpet Cleaning
A Colorado Family Legacy for over a quarter-century.
Champion Carpet cleaning has been serving Colorado families and business with superior customer service. Our quality speaks for itself and when coupled with our family values you will see why some of our customers have relied on us for decades. It's so clean you will feel like a Champion!