Friday April 15, 2022
Take your spring-cleaning routine to the next level. Learn how to clean every room of the house quickly and efficiently.
Making a Plan
In most cases, unless you live in a tiny house, you can't tackle all these areas of the house in 24 hours or over a weekend. Remember that you should be realistic about your time and energy when it comes to spring cleaning in order to make your efforts successful. Organize your plans before you start cleaning.
Best advice for making your spring cleaning plan?
- Be realistic
- Pace yourself
- Team up or delegate tasks
- Reward yourself for your hard work
One Room at a Time
Deep cleaning is best accomplished by cleaning your house room by room. To stay organized and to remember the areas that require special attention, create cleaning checklists for each room. Don't worry about areas that have recently been cleaned; focus on areas that have been largely neglected over the winter.
Getting rid of clutter is often the most important part of spring cleaning. Here are four steps to follow to help you reduce clutter.
- Determine reasons for the clutter, analyze solutions, and implement them.
- It can also be effective to sort your belongings into four categories during the spring-cleaning process: trash, give away, store, and put away.
- As soon as possible, dispose of clutter. Whether that means donating to a charity or having a yard sale.
Limit the use of cleaning products. Keep your spring cleaning products purchases to a minimum if you need to shop. There is no need to stock your home with countless cleaning supplies. They will create unnecessary clutter. You should consider buying an all-purpose cleaner and microfiber cloths. That will cover virtually all surfaces in your home. Purchase specific supplies only if absolutely needed.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
For each room, make sure to do each of these tasks:
- Take out the trash.
- Vacuum the carpet.
- Sweep and mop any tile/hardwood floors.
- Wipe down appliances and other possessions
- Disinfect any handles or doorknobs
- Wipe down the counters, surfaces, and baseboards
- Clean the windows
- Clean any mirrors
- Dust the ceiling fans
- Donate any unused or unwanted items
- Replace supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Change fabric & bedding
- Clean out your trash cans
- Deodorize each clean room
If you’d like professional help with your carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout or mattress cleaning - call us to outsource these tasks and check them of your list!
Champion Carpet, Carpet Cleaning
A Colorado Family Legacy for over a quarter century
Champion Carpet cleaning has been serving Colorado families and business with superior customer service. Our quality speaks for itself and when coupled with our family values you will see why some of our customers have relied on us for decades. It's so clean you will feel like a Champion!