Saturday September 5, 2015
The average person sleeps eight hours a day, 56 hours a week, and 2,920 hours a year. The average person replaces their mattress every 8 years. That means you could potentially sleep on the same mattress for 23,360 hours without ever washing it! You wash your dishes and clothes after each use, and regularly clean your kitchen, bathroom, and sheets. Why not maintain the area you spend one-third of your day getting the sleep you need to be productive and maintain your health and sanity? Ultimately, you and your family deserve a clean and safe environment to sleep!
Champion Capet and Upholstery Care has been cleaning mattresses and upholstery for families throughout the Denver metro area for years. Cleaning ranges from regular scheduled mattress cleanings, to more urgent and one time cleaning of accidents including urine during potty training (wet the bed), bed pads, spills, and other fluids. Our cleaning is safe, preserves the life of the mattress and other furniture, and allows you and your loved ones to rest comfortable.
How to Treat Mattress Stains at Home
If you find yourself in a bind and have to treat a mattress stain quickly you can try the following:
- Do not apply too much water or cleaning solutions!
- Blot the mattress repeatedly starting from the outside of the stain, working your way in.
- Spray the stay with diluted dish soap, allowing to penetrate for 5-10 minutes.
- For blood and urine stains, apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide and laundry detergent, and blot with a white cloth rinsed in cold water.
- Do not use hot water, as it can set the stain permanently.
- For a stubborn stain try applying baking soda after the detergent and allowing it to set over night. Vacuum the dried baking soda and detergent the following day.
For more information visit: https://www.cleanipedia.com/gb/laundry-washing/how-to-clean-mattresses-and-bedding-with-ease