Tuesday March 19, 2019
Keeping your carpet clean sometimes seems like an impossible task. With pets, dirt, food, juices, etc. there is always something that wants to get on your carpet. Luckily, there are small things you can do to help keep your carpet clean.
Here’s our list of five things to help your carpet stand the test of time:
- This may seem obvious, but vacuuming frequently keeps any dirt or dust from building up and eventually staining your carpet. Making sure to move the furniture around when doing so is a must. This will allow you to get anything that fell under the couch as well as the areas where the furniture legs are. Vacuuming once a week is okay, three to four times a week is better.
- Deep clean. Sometimes the best way to clean your carpet is to give it a good wash and shampoo. Doing so stops the build-up of dirt and dust that your vacuum cleaner is unable to reach. Plus, who doesn’t love when your carpet looks brand new?
- Clean up fast! When something does spill, make sure to get it clean ASAP. If it is wet, soak it up first with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Then take a cleaner to it and follow the instructions on the label.
- Use the right cleaner! When cleaning up a spill, many people just grab the first thing they see that says cleaner on it. Don’t do that. There are specific cleaners made for carpets, and they can be made for specific carpets as well. Using a cleaner made for carpets helps against damaging the carpet, and they are designed to get stains out, not justs make something clean.
- Believe it or not, daily dusting can help keep your carpet clean! By dusting you are getting rid of something that can get caught in your carpet and eventually turn into a stain. Make sure to get a good duster that can reach all the nooks and crannies and heights, and then dust away!
The best way to make sure your carpet stands the test of time is to commit to doing all five of these tips. The combination of preventative and active methods of keeping your carpet clean will increase its longevity and allow you to enjoy it for a very long time.