Wednesday November 22, 2017
Commercial carpets are designed to withstand heavy traffic, add cushion, and can help to decrease the noise level within your business or commercial property. So how do you know when it is time to replace your commercial facility’s carpet?
- Stains and Discolorations. A stain here and there is understandable, but when your carpet has frequent, large, or unsightly stains that are easy to notice, it is time to consider replacement.
- Worn Down and Tearing. When you notice tears and holes in your carpet, or it is coming up at the seams, there isn’t much to do except get a new carpet. Once carpet fibers tear up, they will continue to tear and unravel. You may be able to repair small tears, but the bigger they get, the harder the repairs will be until you must replace the carpet.
- Carpet collects dust and allergen particles, but old carpet will have an excessive amount. Even if you vacuum and clean regularly, these allergens will continue to pester allergy-sufferers. At this point, it may be a good idea to look into installing new carpet with modern hypoallergenic fibers.
- If the carpet has not been properly cleaned or not cleaned in a while, you may notice a lingering smell on your carpet. The odor should be gone or noticeably diminished after a proper cleaning. If it isn’t, this means that the odor has penetrated deep into the carpet fibers, the carpet pad or the subfloor, and it may even indicate mold and mildew growth.
- Outdated Appearance. Office and commercial space decorating trends come and go, so older carpet is likely to have an outdated appeal. A new commercial carpet with an updated design can bring a fresh new client appeal to a facility. It’s important to consider your aesthetic priorities: do you want to incorporate company branding? Do you want to create a bold design statement that may look out-of-date in five years or a more classic option that will last ten years or more?
Any of the issues above can be a great reason to start looking for new carpet for your commercial facility. And quite often, you might begin to experience more than one of these problems at the same time, which is always a good time to seek a replacement. Whatever the reason for replacing the carpet, it is important to look for something that is durable, suitable for the area, and has a low total cost of ownership.