Sunday August 16, 2020
Summer is here and the weather has warmed up nicely all across the country. Now that the wind and rain (and snow) of the colder months are gone, it’s time to do some of that maintenance work that you’ve been putting off.
If you have a commercial property—be it a retail space, an office, warehouse, or a property such as an apartment complex—then you know how important it is to keep up the appearances of your building.
Here are some of the top office areas you should consider working on now that you have the opportunity this summer:
- Carpet Cleaning — Your carpet is the first thing that most people notice when they walk into your office building or rental property. If the carpeting is dingy and ratty looking, it is going to give a negative image of your business. But more than that, it can also be dangerous. Carpeting traps allergens and irritants that can negatively impact your health. Having your carpets cleaned at least annually (if not more) is a good start to maintaining a quality commercial property.
- Air Duct Cleaning — This is also an important cleaning project because of the potential for your health. If your air ducts are not kept clean, then dust and pollen can get into the system and spread around with the air that is being circulated. Worse, if moisture gets into the system it can cause mold to form which can also spread. Your employees, customers, clients, and residents can all be harmed if their breathing becomes affected by unclean air ducts.
- Upholstery Cleaning — If you run an office or hotel/motel with lots of furniture, then you need to take care of the upholstery cleaning. As with your carpeting, the furniture and upholstery are essential to keeping your business looking professional. Cleaning the upholstery of your furniture and the mattresses for your hotel rooms can also help to ensure that these items last longer, meaning you have to replace them less frequently.
- Tile Cleaning — Just like with carpet cleaning, tile cleaning is important, especially if your business is a restaurant. Cleaning out the kitchen tile to get rid of build-ups of grease and oil can keep the flooring safe to walk on. But it can also help the tile last longer and won’t need to be replaced. Finally, getting down into the grout for a good deep cleaning of the tile can make your floors stand out better.
- Fleet Cleaning — Not all of your business is in one location. If you have a fleet of corporate vehicles, then you also need to take care of them by regularly cleaning the carpet and upholstery to make sure that they last and look professional. You want your employees feeling comfortable and confident when representing you and a regular cleaning can do just that.
The good news is that you don’t have to do all of these cleaning projects yourself. A professional cleaning service can handle all of these and keep your business looking good and running smoothly.