Sunday August 30, 2020
Whether it’s in your home or at your business, the first thing most people notice when they walk in for the first time is the flooring. But if you have carpeting, it’s incredibly important to keep it looking fresh and clean.
If you’ve got carpet that is starting to look a little worse for wear, here are some ideas on how to make it look new again:
- Do regular maintenance — It’s important to keep your carpet looking fresh with regular maintenance like vacuuming. Don’t just do a cursory run with the vacuum. You should actually get down into the nooks and crannies of the carpet with your attachments to remove accumulated dirt and dust.
- Get regular professional cleanings — It’s equally important to schedule a regular professional cleaning of your carpet. We’d recommend at least once or twice a year to have a group of pros come in and steam clean your carpet. They can also treat any stains before they become too ground in.
- Use throw rugs and runners — Take care of your high traffic areas such as your entryway. These are some of the first places visitors see when they stop by. If you put down area rugs or runners, you can provide an extra layer of protection for your carpets.
- Set up a shoe rack in the entryway — Shoes bring in all kinds of dirt as well as more wear and tear on your carpet. If you set up a shoe rack in the foyer, you can encourage everyone to remove their shoes and not damage the carpets.
- Clean spills quickly —One of the worst things you can do is leave stains to set in. Once they become ground in, they will be almost impossible to remove. Instead, you should clean spills quickly and properly (by blotting the spill and not rubbing it in).
Your carpeting is a huge investment on your part and you want it to last a long time. By taking time to do regular maintenance, you can ensure that it will last for years to come.