Tuesday January 8, 2019
January is here and the weather, as always, is getting kind of rough here in Denver. Chances are, you may already be dealing with cabin fever. Being holed up with the kids can be challenging after a bit - you need something to do to keep them active.
If you’re already sick of hearing, “Mom, I’m bored,” there’s still hope. Here’s a run-down on some fun things to do in Denver in January:
- National Western Stock Show - For a traditional western family outing, check out this rodeo competition that runs from January 12 to 27. Besides the standard roping and bull-riding events, this also features an agriculture exhibit for children along with pony rides and a petting farm.
- Denver Mac & Cheese Fest - This may seem like cheating since it technically happens February 8 and not in January, but who doesn’t love Mac & Cheese? This festival offers gourmet macaroni and cheese from local chefs. To make it even better, your ticket gets you unlimited samples of the main delicacy.
- Downtown Aquarium - The Downtown Aquarium is a great place for family relaxation and education located in the heart of Denver. Your kids will be thrilled by the Shark Cage Experience exhibit! Admission prices are reasonable if you plan around specials such as Super Saturdays when tickets are buy one and get one for half off.
- The Main Event - This is a popular chain of all-in-one family entertainment centers that offer deals like unlimited play for $19.95 per person. The Main Event features bowling, laser tag, billiards, rock climbing, miniature golf, and a video game arcade.
- Humble Pie - If you like unusual food items, take the kids to Humble Pie. They feature savory pies, dessert pies, coffee, and tea, plus some adult beverages that will help you relax a little as well. Don't forget to get a Pie Shake for the kids.
- Skyline Park’s Skating Rink - Since 2007, downtown Denver has included an outdoor ice skating rink that has drawn families together for some winter fun. If you’re tired of being cooped up inside, check out the rink with your kids.
Winter doesn’t have to be filled with dreary days stuck at home. You and your family can have a great outing at any of these locales or events.